Tabbouli is one of the most popular Lebanese appetizers/sides in our mezze list. We have seen a lot of variations of it in the past few years, with more berghol than parsley, but it should be green in color with red and light green specks from the tomato and scallions, and a bit of berghol.
4-5 bunches of parsley washed
3 large tomatoes
1/4 cup small berghol wheat
fresh mint or 1 Tbsp dried mint
lot of EVOO (should be shiny)
3-4 lemons juiced
- Put the berghol at the bottom of the serving bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes and add on top of the berghol so it absorbs the liquid and softens.
- Chop scallions into thin slithers.
- Slice the parsley as small as you can without double chopping as to not bruise the herb which may change the fresh taste.
- Make the dressing and pour before service.
Enjoy with lettuce or cabbage.